THE ELLIS HOTEL EARNS PRESTIGIOUS GREEN SEAL SILVER CERTIFICATION FOR SUSTAINABLE PRACTICES
As part of an ongoing commitment to making the planet and people’s lives healthier, The Ellis Hotel is pleased to announce that it has been certified under Green Seal Standard GS-33 Silver. The award, which has only been earned by three other Georgia hotels, is based on a rigorous independent evaluation of The Ellis Hotel’s features, operations and processes.
The Green Seal label is synonymous with industry-leading sustainability. To be certified by the organization, hotels must meet the stringent specifications set forth in the standard. The Ellis Hotel met these requirements by:
- Protecting human and environmental health - using nontoxic, biodegradable housekeeping products and nontoxic paints with minimal VOCs.
- Demonstrating stewardship – utilizing environmentally preferable products and laundry, and by having an environmental mission and purchasing policy.
- Conserving water – incorporating water-efficient landscaping and groundskeeping measures, and installing water-saving fixtures in guestrooms and public areas.
- Conserving energy – installing 100% energy-efficient lighting in all guestrooms and public areas and using energy-efficient appliances and windows.
- Reducing waste – minimizing use of disposable items and having recycling and composting programs.
The Green Seal certification is the latest endeavor for The Ellis Hotel that supports guest health and wellness. The hotel is pleased to offer a Fresh Air Floor, an allergen- and irritant-free paradise perfect for those that want to enjoy a purified air environment. The Ellis Hotel also recently unveiled their Wellness Room guest room, which is outfitted with more than $5,000 of wellness products for relaxation, rejuvenation and the best night’s sleep.
The Ellis Hotel meets Green Seal™ Standard GS-33 based on waste minimization, water and energy efficiency, hazardous substance handling, and an environmental purchasing policy. GreenSeal.org